
Try to be as quick as possible because Lesley is getting ready.
- The decision to go with Pattinson could not have been bested. He did an excellent job and is surely to be harrowed as the next robert redford after these series. If I was a woman I'd have his poster on my wall, his picture as my desktops wallpaper, and all future boyfriends would have to bear some resemblance of this man or any relationship would be off. If he was around when I was a teenager I definately would have opted to go for his hair due instead of the parted down the middle but cutt. He had intensity, passion, anger, and presence. It would be impossible for any actor to portray the measure of wonder that is the literary Edward Cullen. That said....I think Pattinson did an excellent job.
- The beginning of the movie was hard to stomach. I found the character introduction poor and very fast.
- Jasper looks like a retard edward scissors hand. Had I not read her manuscript of edward's book I would have dismissed the movie entirely. But knowing the reason he looks like he has a large corn cobb stuck out of his anus is because he is holding back the urge to rip everyone's throat out made it understandable. Plus as the movie went by and his personality showed during the baseball scene and at the hotel he improved.
- Alice is the cutest looking thing I have ever seen. Just like Edward's actorial choice - perfect. Cute. Cute. Cute.
- By the end of the movie Lesley and I were sucked in and caught up in the world of forbidden vampire love.
- Jacob looks like dirty indian....but if they choose to stay with the same actor (Astonished actor changes is even a discussion) he is going to be pimp daddy de wolf.
- The movie is in serious need of a special effects hook up. Any scene were they moved fast or climbed a tree was bush league. This needs to be corrected ASAP if it is to survive the upcoming films. If I have to watch 3 more movies with poor looking wolf people I will be very upset as a fan. I want Harry Potter level of beleivability. I don't see why this series deserves anything less.
- Lesley and I left the movie wanting to watch the movie and read the books again. Overall I felt the movie was good. I know this differs from alot of the reveiws I heard. Perhaps this played into my opinon. Maybe. Regardless, a great start to a great story. Excited about the future releases.

1 comment:
I like the movie to JJ. OH I hope they do change Jacob's character- how could they not. There is no one they can make that tiny little boy look like a man- which he becomes in the next book. Remember all of his growth spurts and manliness spurts- I dont see how they could avoid getting a new actor that looks more like a man.
Post a Comment