
NEW YORK (CNN) -- A US Airways plane with 155 people on board went into a chilly Hudson River, apparently after striking at least one bird upon takeoff from New York's LaGuardia Airport, according to officials and passengers. Everyone on board was accounted for and alive, officials said. About 15 people were being treated at hospitals and others were being evaluated at triage centers. Flight 1549, headed to Charlotte, North Carolina, was airborne less than three minutes, according to FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown. The pilot radioed to air traffic controllers that he had experienced a bird strike and declared an emergency, a New Jersey State Police source said. "I think a lot of people started praying and just collecting themselves," said passenger Fred Berretta. "It was quite stunning."
Talk about stealing a man's thunder! What could be more important than the farewell speech of a president who has served two terms during which had an attack on American soil? I'll tell you what......one bird (crazed and angry), a US Airlines Jet plane, the Hudson river, and a crash Jesus miracle style jet landing. Below are the thoughts:
- Plane crashes can have survivors! Unlike the plane I'm blown away. It's common knowledge that while the flight attendant reads through the safety precaution in case of an emergancy every single person on that flight thinks to themselves "I something happens I'm going to die." Just this Christmas I made peace with the Lord 4 times: (1)Lexington - Detriot (2)Detroit - Maine (3) Maine - Detroit (4) Detroit - Lexington. Airports should be considered the modern day confessional.
- Someone get this pilot a beer. He deserves induction into the Commercial Pilot Hall of Fame. What, it doesn't exist? Well, it should. This is Babe Ruth of pilots. Survivors need to be giving him a choice between their daughters, first born sons, or in the case they are Hindu, a very very ugly sacred cow. Seriously - the fact that not one person died is once in a lifetime emergency landing. Had I been in it, Jaws would have emerged and devoured everyone.
- Tonight every Flight Attendant goes to bed with renewed job security, self worth, and legitimacy. No one will question their authority now. The future is painted with forward faces and all passengers listening to their instructions. Change is now. Yes it is.
- For the next few days exit seats will be looked upon as the seat on a flight next to the lavatory. And not just any flight - a 20 hour flight to South Africa where chili is being served and unless the entire passengers on board collectively decided to eat large quantities of cheese prior to take off, your chances of escaping the joy of practically being in the bathroom with half of those on board is biologically impossible. Everyone knows the Exit rows are considered the first class of the coach. If who are lucky enough to claim the seat rest and smile at the rest of the tightly packed passengers around you. Well, this won't be the case over the next few days. But they will soon return to favor. And when it does, it will be mine.
- A bird! Really? A bird.....took down a plane. Alright! Listen up people, I've just now come to the conclusion there is no way to be safe in the world. Precautions can be taken. Common sense should be employed. But when it comes down to it....when it's your time, it's your time. We have no control over it? Terrorist. Nuclear weapons. Economy. And now.........Birds. Birds.
- Knowing a bird took down the plane steals the glory of the pilots textbook lifesaving landing a little for me. I'm terrible. I know, but it does. I can't help it. Maybe if the news had swung it a little differently - like something A bird caused a plane filled with 155 passengers to crash........but as the plane was going down, the pilot said "Screw you bird. The copilot angered by the attack and filled with the same determination to beat the terrorist bird as the pilot, punched his window out mid flight, climbed outside his window, and sacrificed his life to make sure that bird was dead so it would who the man was. A few hundred feet from meeting his death the pilot pulled off a Magiver fix-up giving him control. He rips off the sleeves of his pilot uniform and pulled back on the controls with all his strength and roared like a spartan in the movie 300, "Not on my watch! Not on my watch!" Boom! Splash! Silence. Rocky Soundtrack erupts. Celebration! The Man! Just kidding. This pilot has done more for the airline business than any pr department has accomplished since 9/11. I saw this morning that after landing the plane he walked up and down the compartment making sure everyone was out. When he saw that one of his passengers was injured and cold, he gave the man the shirt off his back. Bravo, sir. Bravo.
- I'm choosing to fly US Airways in the future. They've got my confidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment