
Call me Natalie Imbruglia cause I am Torn over this game.
One side of me longs for a new hero. It's the side that rages against the big and powerful, always rooting for the little guy. This is the side that is sick of Tim Tebow. The side that thinks being called on stage at a multiple Kenny Chesney concerts to sing along is too many times. This side tires of the color of blue and orange. It tires of the gator chomp. The optimisti
c side wants wants Alabama to dominate Florida. It wants to see Bama reemerge as the football Godzilla of a team it was in the years of Bear Bryant. Its the side that grew up seeing the Alabama logo and thinking football.The other side of me is the realistic side. Its the side that watched a Kentucky come close to beating Alabama. Then next weekend watch Kentucky recieve the most embarrassing beat down I've seen in a football game (this says alot because I'm a Georgia Tech fan). The realistic part of puts trust in
Phil Steele's predictions and quietly says "It's just not Bama's year. Not yet, buddy."Football games are predictable to a point. Nothing is set in stone. It all comes down to who wants it more. There is magic in college football. I hope Alabama can see this one out. Just got off the phone with a Alabama alumni who feels the same way.
I do know, regardless, the team got to experience a victory of their rival this year. Having experienced the samething on Georgia Tech's side I know that any other game beyond that is just icing on the cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment